LMK USA is looking for a Level 2 Automation Engineer for our Indiana location. You will work in a team environment where each member of the team brings a skill set that, while unique, is complementary to the other members of the team. Team members collaborate with one another to arrive at solutions to challenges while sharing their expertise with one another. We are dedicated to providing our employees with a safe, stable workplace where teamwork, attention to detail and quality customer service define our culture.
The ideal candidate must possess a minimum of 5 years of experience in either a melt shop environment (LMF, EAF, Caster) or a hot rolling environment, a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, strong communication skills, a desire to work in a team environment, is self-motivated and solutions focused. Please take a moment to carefully review the job responsibilities, requirements and duties; should you determine that you are qualified, please apply!
The Level 2 Automation Engineer will be involved in the development, support, and maintenance of Level II systems that will supervise the functional areas of the Melt Shop at the Portage Facility as well as the Portage Hot Strip Mill. The process will include the defining of specifications with consideration of operational requirements and facility capabilities, coding in cooperation with others and with respect to the standards and conventions in force, debugging as needed, writing and documenting both the code and the operator interfaces, providing training and support to the operators as needed while implementing the traditional Level II system responsibilities of material tracking, data collection, modelling (LMF additions, Scrap Additions, etc.), and machine set point generation.
- Responsible for all Level II functions at our Indiana Plant
- Work with other facilities within the NLMK USA group
- Will work closely with operating, maintenance, and other related technical personnel
- Responsible for monitoring and improving Level II system performance which includes: troubleshooting issues, improving process models, operational efficiency and reliability
- Work with various Continuous Improvement and Problem Solving multi-discipline teams to positively impact Key Performance Indicators and profitability
NLMK is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.